There Homes

I love owning the deed to a There Home. There is something very esoteric about the little window/wall/ceiling/door tags that gets my creative building/decorating juices flowing. :)

I've been rolling the idea of holding several deeds permanently around in my head for some time. The decreased promotional rent fees prompted me to finally get down to making a few choices. I spent a great deal of time (which for me is several 'Real Life' hours) trolling around the various settlements in There pinpointing where I'd like to rent property.

The first deed I chose to purchase is in Incognito. The word 'incognito' and all the insinuations large and small appeal to my Avatar's identity. The exterior of the home I chose caught my eye. While not in the location I'd prefer, the home is sufficiently set back from the others in the settlement to appeal to my intended use. I really stretched myself to decorate the interior of the home; I wanted a cozy place to utilize for special visits from a certain special friend where we could curl up and relax.



a place to live, laugh and ponder...
'Practically Sane', Incognito 018
Sutter's Camp

When making a choice where a clubhouse for my new group was concerned, I wanted to buy in an area that included other established clubs. I chose Paradise. As my clubhouse sits on the edge of a high, dreamy hill, I chose a backdrop of summer showers on a moonlit night to accent the grunge interior. Housing a Spoken Word and Poetry Slam club, this house is decorated in the spirit of true starving artist. I wanted to bring into There my first AFK experiences in performing Spoken Word- which back in the early 80's took place in any old abandoned structure we could find to set up an open mic night!





where I go to say it out loud...
'SayIt' Clubhouse, Paradise 021
Maidenflight



And then there is my little jewel, shown below... a small, breezy beach house on Peninsula View! I bought the deed for a song in Auctions, while the other two deeds were secured on site as I explored/compared/searched/sought). This There Home epitomizes my idea of decorating with the intent of conveying as much as possible with as little as possible.





my little old establishment of contemplation...
'Cheating Chagrin', Peninsula View 009
Kantana


I'm truly enjoying owning these There Homes! Decorating these homes has been a real treat- something different from the monotony of filling a Hood with carefully chosen, themed decor. Each property has its very own flavor and is unique in and of itself!

Curious about the
person behind the Avie?
Press her photo above
to visit Elizabeth's blog. :)

  © 2009-2011 Elizabeth Robinson ~~ Background image provided by 'Madhattermemphis Therian': Maidenflight in There